Monday 15 March 2010

Nolan on Final Batman and overseeing Superman


Nolan could be putting The Dark Knight cowl and picking up the red cape. 

In an interview he spoke about the third Batman as well as his overseeing role on Superman.

'Without getting into specifics, the key thing that makes the third film a great possibility for us is that we want to finish our story," the film-maker added. "And in viewing it as the finishing of a story rather than infinitely blowing up the balloon and expanding the story.'

Nolan revealed that the studio handed him the job of overseeing the Man of Steel's revival after another Batman screenwriter, David Goyer, pitched him a reboot concept during a break from planning the sequel to The Dark Knight.

"He basically told me, 'I have this thought about how you would approach Superman,'" Nolan recalled. "I immediately got it, loved it and thought: That is a way of approaching the story I've never seen before that makes it incredibly exciting. I wanted to get [producer] Emma [Thomas] and I involved in shepherding the project right away and getting it to the studio and getting it going in an exciting way."



0 comments: